Accounts Assistant required for a successful, well-established, international company in Harlow. This is a great company to work for and despite their success and growth, maintains the feeling of a family-run business.
In this role, you will be reporting to the company Financial Controller, responsible for the management of the Sales Ledger, supporting the Purchase Ledger and assisting with other accounts functions.
- Perform daily cash management duties, including the recording of bank deposits and posting of cash to accounts receivable ledger.
- Reconcile intercompany trade accounts.
- Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared.
- Monitor and collect accounts receivable by contacting clients via telephone, e-mail and mail.
- Co-ordinate with Sales and Dispatch departments in solving customer queries and overdue amounts.
- Prepare a monthly report for Financial Controller on collections and debtor aging, including reconciliation of Sales Ledger to General Ledger Debtor control account.
- Run credit checks on new customers as and when required.
- Matching delivery notes/GRNs to invoices.
- Processing invoices onto ERP system.
- Liaising with departments on invoice queries.
- Administering petty cash.
- Scanning invoices onto document control software.
- Bank Entries / Payments.
- Assist in reconciliation of Accounts and any other Accounts duties as required.
- Support the Finance director and financial controller as and when required.
- Provide absence cover for the Welcome Desk Administrator
The successful candidate will need:
- Previous experience in accounts
- Strong Excel skills.
- Confident and approachable
- Ability to be both a team player and able to work unaided, using own initiative
- Adaptable, proactive and flexible approach.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build working relationships
In return, my client will be offering a salary of up to £22,000 (dependent on experience), based on a 35 hour week (9-5 Mon-Fri). Flexi-time is a possibility for the right candidate.
Get in touch today for more information!