Part-Time Administration & Development Officer – required for an excellent charity based in Epping.
This is a varied role based on part-time hours of 18 hours per week, although this can be flexible for the right person. Key responsibilities for this role can be broken down into four main parts as detailed below:
Charities and Trust Admin:
- Ensuring arrangements for Trustee meetings are in place (paperwork circulation, meeting minutes and actions).
- Ensuring regular administrative activities are completed, including day to day book keeping and banking, payments, correspondence and filing.
- Supporting the submission of returns and reports.
- Undertaking the distribution of grants and other payments agreed by the Trustees.
- Monitoring the receipt of all payments from tenants and escalate issues and concerns to the Secretary or Chairs where necessary.
- Resolve issues where possible (rent collection, tenant concerns, authorising minor repairs etc.).
- Ensuring regular building inspections are programmed and that paperwork including required certification is up to date.
- Assist the Trustees with the management of new building projects.
- Support the process for filling vacancies (the allocation of properties is the decision of the Trustees).
Charities and Trust development plan:
- Producing a business plan for the charities and trust based on the priorities of each organisation.
- Identifying options for using surplus resources (in compliance with the charitable aims of the organisations)
- Identifying opportunities to co-ordinate the work of the two bodies and also for working more effectively with other appropriate local bodies.
- Planning and managing initiatives identified in the business plan and approved by the Trustees.
- Consider fund-raising options to support the business plan if appropriate.
Promotion of the Charities and Trusts:
- Identifying ways to ensure that the aims and objectives of both are better understood by the local community and in particular by potential beneficiaries who may be unaware of their existence
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience of maintaining accounting records
- Producing meeting minutes
- Correspondence and filing
- Working to a number of annual timetables
- A good understanding of confidentiality and the sensitivity to work with people in difficult circumstances
- Be able to work on their own for much of the time
- Experience of developing a business plan (desirable)
- An understanding of charity administration (desirable)
- Experience of working with local authorities and other service providers (desirable)
- To live local (the Epping Forest District area)
Salary: £26,000 FTE
Hours: 18 per week which can be flexible
Holiday: 25 days (pro rata)
We value every candidate that takes the time to apply for these positions. If you are successful and have the relevant experience we are looking for, we will do our best to contact you within 48 hours where possible. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive, unfortunately, we are not able to contact unsuccessful candidates. Rest assured, we do hold all CV’s on file and should a further suitable role come available, we will contact you. By sending your CV to The Dove Partnership you will be agreeing The Dove Partnership representing you and passing your details to our client.