Assistant Finance Manager wanted for a successful, highly client-focused finance company based in Stansted with a great team and good opportunity for growth!
This is an excellent opportunity for anybody looking to develop their career in a progressive business with a unique opportunity to gain a very wide range of experience.
In this role you would be responsible for delivering key aspects of the companies’ finance services, overseeing & completing the main deliverables for clients and closely supporting senior management.
This will include:
Client Liaison & Management
- Interacting with clients, often at a senior level, ensuring that client needs are met
- Deliver the highest level of support & commitment to all clients in responding to their needs
Monthly Reporting Cycle
- Producing Monthly Management Accounts and other reporting for various clients to very high standards
- Ensuring the integrity of clients accounting records, through reconciliations and other good practice
Client Accounts Processing
- To oversee, and as necessary undertake: Purchase Ledger invoice & credit note processing, Purchase Ledger payment processing, Sales Ledger invoice processing, Sales Ledger payment processing.
- Credit Control & Credit Management
- Payroll Processing
- Operating as required Factoring/Invoice Discounting facilities
- Maintaining multi-currency cash books and bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of Nominal Ledger including preparing any postings
- Accruals & prepayments, depreciation etc.
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Supervision and overseeing of the work of other accounts processing staff as necessary or required
- General support as required
Other Client Responsibilities
- Updating daily cash flows
- Preparing weekly cash flow reports as required
- Answering telephones
- Dealing with callers in a professional helpful manner
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks as required/requested
Successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate high client care abilities, as well as:
- Early part-qualification with ideally 1-2+ years’ relevant experience (graduates in the early part of their professional examinations are welcome)
- Looking to develop your career and gain a wide range of experience
- Flexible, confident & resourceful with the ability to work under pressure at times
- The ability to work very well in a team and a strong team ethos
- Strong PC skills
- The ability to be flexible on occasion with working hours (sometimes at short notice)
This is a great opportunity for development, offering individual growth and exposure to a wide range of experience. The salary on offer will be £26,000 – £28,000 (experience-dependent).
For more information please apply today!