We are currently recruiting for a general maintenance technician with experience of delivering a wide range of basic trade skills i.e. plumbing/joinery/locksmith/bricklaying/painting/glazing/general building maintenance, it is essential that you are multi skilled but with a plumbing bias.
The role forms part of the maintenance team to ensure the facilities are looked after and work is carried out to the highest standards whilst working within a busy environment.
- FULL TIME MONDAY TO FRIDAY PLUS 8 SATURDAYS ON ROTA (DAY OFF IN LIEU) 52 WEEKS PER ANNUM
- 30 days Annual leave
- To be organised and able to diagnose and carry out repairs around the facilities.
- To be multi-skilled in plumbing and various building maintenance disciplines.
- An understanding of swimming pool operation or willing to undertake training to achieve this.
- Source the materials required to carry out the repair/work/project.
- Provide ideas, advice and appropriate suggestions to ensure continued improvement of the building maintenance services.
- To assist the Maintenance Supervisor
- An understanding of all related Health & Safety.
- An understanding of building maintenance compliance, i.e. Legionella Control, Asbestos, Fire.
- Response to calls from the fire and intruder alarm monitoring station and the emergency services in the event of an alarm activation.
- Opening and closing of the premises for routine and non-routine functions and events, arranged by outside groups and organisations.
- Preventing trespassing and vandalism on premises, tackling intruders only when it is deemed safe to do so, and contacting emergency services when it is not.
- Report all faults, unusual occurrences, shortfalls in cleaning standards or hazards to the Building Maintenance Supervisor/Facilities Supervisor and/or Estates helpdesk as and when they are discovered.
The above list is not exhaustive but is by way of example only. Responsibilities and duties may vary from time to time as the position evolves. A flexible approach to all aspects of this role is essential. This role may involve a small amount of Saturday mornings and flexible hours in order to attend out of work-time meetings and events.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
City & Guilds qualified level 2 & 3 NVQ in plumbing (or similar).
Knowledge of water supply regulations and plumbing systems.
Knowledge of domestic plumbing systems.
Knowledge of building maintenance.
A good standard of general education.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Essential – Awareness of relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures to install and maintain systems. Previous experience working in a commercial environment.
- Previous experience with proactive planned maintenance schedules.
- Previous experience in historic/listed buildings.
- Four years’ experience from completion of training.
If this position is of Interest, please do apply ASAP