Credit Controller / Accounts Assistant required for a well-established, award winning company in Bishop’s Stortford!
This is a varied role which will include aspects of credit control, accounts & administration. This will include:
- Opening new customer accounts, obtaining credit references and setting relevant credit limits.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date customer details and account records
- Resolving queries to the enable smooth running and maintenance of Ledgers.
- Collecting outstanding debts to achieve KPI while promoting customer goodwill.
- Uploading debtor balances daily.
- Liaising internally and externally to resolve all pricing queries/discrepancies on customer accounts (raising credit notes as required).
- Ensuring all customer payment and credit note allocations are correct on the customer account.
- Approving and posting/allocating all debit notes.
- Liaising with sales team to manage customer credit limits, preparing and circulating customer limits and balance weekly.
- Prepare Monthly Credit Note analysis and highlight any improvements required to achieve the required credit note KPI.
- Updating of all Fixed Asset registers and schedules
- Monthly detailed Marketing Analysis and reviewing with Marketing dept.
- Journal posting
- Preparing detailed monthly analysis of relevant accounts
- Account reconciliations as required
- EE Sales & Intrastat
- Management of all aspect of company cars (lease/insurance/fuel cards/P46/P11D)
- Cover Purchase Ledger and accounts as required
The successful candidate must be a team player, willing to get involved with adhoc administrative duties as well as the key responsibilities of the role. Candidates will need:
- Sales Ledger / Credit Control experience
- Excellent relationship building skills
- General accounting experience
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly numerate/literate
In return, my client will be offering a salary of £23,000 – £27,000 (depending on experience), 3pm finishes on Fridays, 23 days holiday and more.
Apply today for more info!
We value every candidate that takes the time to apply for these positions. If you are successful and have the relevant experience we are looking for, we will do our best to contact you within 48 hours where possible. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive, unfortunately, we are not able to contact unsuccessful candidates. Rest assured, we do hold all CV’s on file and should a further suitable role come available, we will contact you. By sending your CV to The Dove Partnership you will be agreeing The Dove Partnership representing you and passing your details to our client.