Despatch Coordinator required for a successful, well-established, international company in Harlow.
Your responsibilities would be to manage the despatch of all consignments with appropriate transport provider, ensuring that all goods are delivered to the customer within the specified timescale, with the correct documentation and in accordance with current legislation.
- Liaise directly with all internal departments to ensure that all scheduled sales orders are despatched safely, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate potential delays to appropriate parties and work with relevant people to minimise impact.
- Collate sales orders and completed works orders to facilitate completion of despatch notes and associated documents.
- Ensure all business systems are up to date in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare export documentation as required. This may include, but not limited to EUR1, ATR1 and Certificate of Origin etc. Liaise directly with the Chamber of Commerce and other authorities where necessary.
- Raise picking lists for stocked items as and when required.
- Ensure that all despatch related documentation, including electronic and manual data is correctly recorded, stored and archived.
- Provide general and legislative advice (to all parties concerned) on the safe handling and segregation of all goods produced and shipped by the company.
- Develop, build and maintain good working relationships with transport providers.
- Ensure timely completion of the despatch related insurance requirements.
- Ensure all appropriate qualifications are kept up to date, IATA, IMDG and ADR etc. (not essential)
- Maintain sufficient levels of despatch related stationary – DGN’s; Certificates of Origin etc. (not essential)
- Ensure all imports are correctly administered.
- Work with the Warehouse and Inventory Manager and the Warehouse Team Leader to ensure the smooth running of the whole of the Logistics department.
The successful candidate will need:
- Despatch & Logistics experience.
- History of working in a manufacturing environment a distinct advantage as is knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of import / export regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of Dangerous goods legislation (not essential) and shipping (a must).
- Experience of working to company, legislative and export guidelines. Knowledge of required mandatory logistics & shipping documentation and procedures.
- Good to excellent knowledge of MS Office package and ERP systems.
In return, my client will be offering a salary of up to £28,000 & other benefits including 25 days holiday with the ability to buy/sell days, health plans and a bonus.
Hours: 8am – 4pm Mon-Fri