Finance Assistant wanted for a successful, ever-growing company based in Stansted Mountfitchet who offer training and further study support!
Working in the finance team, you will be supporting and assisting other members of the team in a varied role. Responsibilities:
- To oversee, and if necessary undertake:
- Purchase Ledger invoice and credit note processing
- Purchase Ledger payment processing
- Sales Ledger invoice processing
- Sales Ledger payment processing
- Credit control & credit management
- Payroll processing
- Operating as required Factoring/Invoice Discounting facilities
- Maintaining multi-currency cash books and bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of Nominal Ledger including preparing any posting
- Accruals & prepayments, Depreciation, etc.
- Preparation of monthly accounts to TB
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts (subject to experience)
- Managing monthly cycle and month end process of numerous clients
- Supervision and overseeing of the work of other accounts processing staff as necessary or required
- Banking receipts as and when required
- Updating daily cash flows
- Preparing weekly cash flow reports as required
- General support as required
- Answering telephones & dealing with callers in a helpful and professional manner
Candidates will need:
- To be flexible, confident, resourceful and able to work under pressure and in some instances to tight deadlines
- Strong accounting skills and experience, with aspiration to grow and develop through to professional qualifications
- Strong personality and demeanour
- Excellent team player
- Good administration and organisational skills
- Strong PC skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and experience with various accounting packages
- Accuracy, speed, efficiency, organisation and diligence.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Some flexibility with working hours (sometimes at short notice) is essential
In return, my client will be offering a salary of £20,000 – £25,000 (depending on experience).
Apply today for more information!