Finance Business Partner required for a leading pharmaceutical business near Dunmow with a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
The role will involve supporting the commercial business in the execution of business strategy, carried out through comprehensive reporting and building of financial commercial analysis. The role also acts as the link between the business area and the financial planning & analysis team to support financial planning, monitoring and reporting.
The role is comprised of three main areas:
Acting as Finance Business Partner for assigned areas:
– Assist in the evaluation of investment/commercial opportunities
– Assist in the development of system tools to provide clear performance measures
– Ensure accurate Daily Customer and Product Sales reporting
– Drive real accountability for ROI and sales performance
– Develop financial knowledge of budget holders and define review processes to support effective prioritisation of investment/spend activities.
– Support the financial planning processes
– Co-ordinate the Forecasting and Business Planning exercises, including accurate market forecasts and management of 3rd party partnerships
– Develop and maintain an appropriate level of knowledge within the assigned areas
– Provide commercial input to Finance Controller for the correct level of Stock Provision/accrual
Monitoring financial performance:
– Co-ordinate and review month-end process for defined functions.
– Preparation and issue of the monthly management pack
– Monitor results against forecast/budget and provide accurate, timely financial management information and commentary
– Evaluate and highlight risks to performance
– Assist in the development and implementation of Customer Business development Incentive schemes
– Work with the finance team and Head of Customer Services to minimise customer credit risk and ensure prompt settlement of customer accounts.
– Ensure stock inventory risk is properly mitigated and effectively managed between the business and finance.
– Ensure the existence of budgetary control & challenge spend where appropriate
– Preparation of Bi-annual forecasts, loading of forecasts and budgets, preparation of annual budget from gross sales to gross margin
– Ensure the close monitoring of rebate accruals so that reported sales are accurate
– Ensure Purchase to Pay transactions provide adequate integrity for reporting purposes
– Pricing Management including Pricing Approvals
– Management of Tender Pricing Analysis
– Management of Accruals related to Sales
– Reporting of P&L, Headcount, SISO, BDI, Cashflow and any other Financial indicators
– Maintenance of management cogs for sales reporting
Other duties include:
– Embrace all company training requirements to keep up to date with the current business knowledge, skills and regulatory requirements
– To take full responsibility in appointing a deputy within your department to oversee your work when you will not be available
– Regular close contact with auditors, advisors, consultants, bankers, wholesalers, 3rd party business partners
The successful candidate will be:
– CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified with significant experience PQE
– Solid experience in the manufacturing or consumer sectors
– Good financial modelling skills
– Good commercial understanding (including outside the pure Pharma environment)
– Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
– Ability to influence/persuade at Senior Management and Leadership team level
– Analytical, creative and demonstrated ability to anticipate risks
– Delivery-focussed with a proven record of performance
– Project management experience (desirable)
– Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
– Proficient in the use of technology, SAP (or any other ERP System), MS Office etc.
Please be aware that occasional travel to Guilford will be required for meeting purposes.
In return, my client will be offering a competitive salary, as well as bonus, healthcare, life insurance, and car allowance.
We value every candidate that takes the time to apply for these positions. If you are successful and have the relevant experience we are looking for, we will do our best to contact you within 48 hours where possible. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive, unfortunately, we are not able to contact unsuccessful candidates. Rest assured, we do hold all CV’s on file and should a further suitable role come available, we will contact you. By sending your CV to The Dove Partnership you will be agreeing to The Dove Partnership representing you and passing your details to our client.