Finance Manager / Financial Controller required for a leading, international company based in Bishop’s Stortford.
This is a great opportunity to join a professional, rapidly growing group with a path for progression and dedicated mentoring and support to help you reach your potential.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Closing of the monthly accounts and all supporting analyses and reconciliations.
- In conjunction with the CFO prepare the monthly management accounts.
- Working with the CFO on the departmental budgets and forecasting.
- Assisting budget holders in monitoring and tracking the performance of budgets and deliverables.
- Business Partnering with the wider operational team to enable financial training and support to Operational Management team and Project Managers.
- Identification and implementation of improvements in Xero, Zoho, Project Works and Fathom reporting.
- Work with the CFO to collaborate with teams across the business to deliver financial strategy.
- Modelling of operational improvement initiatives and investment opportunities.
- Implement and enforce best in class financial controls throughout the departments.
- Raise sales invoices, process purchase invoices, pay suppliers and resolve associated queries.
- Assist with banking and credit control.
- FX/Treasury best practice implementation, maximising the potential of 4no. trading currencies.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns, ensuring compliance with VAT regulation.
- Preparation of R&D tax credit claims and other tax compliance with the CFO and external advisors.
- Preparation of statutory accounts with CFO and external advisor support.
- Identification, implementation and documentation of SOPs for all financial processes.
- Line manage and support development of 1no. Financial Accounts Assistant.
- Actively participate in other initiatives and projects, as mutually agreed, to support the development, expansion, and evolution of the company.
You will need:
- A CIMA/ACCA qualification or in the final stages of achieving your chosen chartered accounting qualification.
- Completed 3 years plus experience in an accounting practice (ideal) or business analyst related role.
- A logical mind with the ability to plan and manage the completion of tasks.
- Ability to review and interpret KPI’s, deriving the reason for performance and improvement insights.
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by a rapidly growing SME, ideally those presented both in organic growth and M&A.
- Basic scenario modelling skills via excel or other tools.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office Packages.
- A desire to add value and clear ambition to progress your career in Finance.
In return, they will be offering:
Salary: £55-£70k (dep. on experience)
Performance related incentive scheme up to 10% of annual salary, based on achieving Corporate Objectives and Personal Objectives.
5% company contribution to company workplace pension or another of your choice.
Life Assurance Scheme (4x Base Salary).
Access to Employee Assistance Program.
26 days Holiday plus Birthday and Work Anniversary.
Private Health Care (From Sept 2022)
Capability to be a beneficiary of the company Employee Ownership trust after 2 years of service.
A collaborative working environment driven by strong company values and a very high level of employee engagement across the international organisation.
Flexibility (working from home 1-2 days a week).
Apply today for more info!