An exciting opportunity has arisen with a great client of ours within a stand-alone HR role.
The position would suit a HR Advisor looking to take on more responsibility, or a HR Manager that would like a standalone role and gain experience in the other areas required within this role.
As well as HR, you will be responsible for Payroll, Recruitment and Health & Safety for both office and factory staff.
Duties are as follows:
- Stand-alone HR role for a client group of approx. 120 employees including Factory Workers and Office Staff
- First Line for all ER queries, managing and resolving all grievances and disciplinaries
- Conducting Investigation meetings
- Coaching managers through proceeding meetings
- Training Managers and Supervisor to be able to deal with day to day HR Issues
- Mentoring and coaching to senior staff members
- Working alongside an Employment Law Advice company to stay up to date with employment law and ensuring best practise is always followed.
- Being point of contact for all staff regarding any issues
- Promote employee relations and engagement.
- Manage all employee performance and capability issues
- Manage high absence levels and long term sick
- Maintain holiday, sickness and lateness records for employees.
- Manage the appraisal system including the production of process guides, forms and training Managers on how to hold appraisals.
- Manage a probation process including week 1 and 3 month reviews.
- Onboarding of all new staff
- Issue employment contracts and documents and keep the personal records for each employee up to date.
- Manage the maternity & paternity process
- Manage all flexible working requests
- Manage settlement agreements process
- Manage redundancy process, including writing business case, conducting consultation meetings, calculations and paperwork.
- Working with Senior Management on company restructures and staffing level advice
- Liaise with recruitment agencies to fill vacancies
- Writing job adverts
- Screening CV
- Conducting interviews
- Using Sage 50 Payroll. Run 2 x Monthly payrolls for Retail and Office Staff & 1 x Weekly payroll for Factory Staff including calculating the hours worked and run the weekly payroll from clock-cards.
- Pension Administration, manage Auto Enrolment
- Running Ad-hoc payroll reports when required
- Year End payroll including producing P60’s
- Processing Starters and Leavers
- Calculating Holiday Pay, SMP, SSP and SPP
- Deal with all payroll queries
Health & Safety
- Keep informed of current employment and health and safety legislation.
- Assist Management to implement the Health and Safety Policy.
- Create and manage company risk assessments
- Keep H&S System up to date.
- Keep fire drill sheets up to date
Please note this in not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
If you think this may be of interest, please do apply in the first instance