1st/2nd Line Support Engineer required for a growing, client-focused IT company based in the Bishop’s Stortford area. The company offers some great benefits including a very good training programme and the willingness to invest in their employees, making this an excellent opportunity for somebody looking to further their career.
You would be responsible for providing IT expertise across all aspects of the business with a strong focus on supporting the clients day-to-day support issues and IT infrastructures.
This will include:
- Answering telephone calls and emails from clients reporting IT issues.
- Logging support issues on support desk call management system and clients documentation files, ensuring both are accurately maintained. This should include developing Standard Operating Procedures such as a new user process, leaver process and PC build guide.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to clients by resolving IT issues primarily using remote control technologies and where necessary with a site visit.
- Perform regular checks of client’s IT infrastructures to ensure their systems are proactively managed therefore preventing problems before they occur.
- Ensure clients IT infrastructures have the latest updates applied and address any security vulnerabilities.
- Undertake IT consultancy and project work including the setup and configuration of new equipment.
- Ensure ownership is taken of client problems and be proactive in resolving these issues.
- For permanent on-site assignments carry out the tasks assigned to you, by any authorised individual, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure business, operational and technical procedures are documented.
- Ensure the Managing Director is aware of any serious support issue which is having a significant impact on a client, as well as any customer feedback or concerns.
- A high level of customer service and support – a professional, friendly and polite attitude must be given always.
- Answer questions from customers and prospective customers about the services and products they offer which may improve their IT infrastructure.
- Escalate more complex IT issues to the relevant IT support member when necessary.
- Adhoc administrative duties when required.
- Ability to work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable.
- Providing assistance, guidance and training to colleagues in IT-related matters.
The successful candidate will need:
- 1st / 2nd line support experience
- Good knowledge of: troubleshooting, 365, MS Server, active directory, DHCP, DNS, device reconfiguration (router & switch config), Windows 10, setting up / configuring printers.
- Good telephone manner and customer service skills
- Good communication
- To be a team player
- Ability to drive and travel to client sites most weeks when required (local)
- Ability to commit to shift patterns between 7am and 9pm (7.5 hours per shift)
- A willingness to progress and stay with the business (they offer great training and willing to invest in someone)
In return, my client will be offering a salary of £23,000 – £26,000 (depending on experience/qualifications), plus 24 days holiday, private medical insurance, medical cash plan scheme, company laptop, and more!