I have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a talented Junior Technical Designer looking for an opportunity to express your creative side and bring your exciting ideas to life?
I have an exciting position available to join the design and product development team based at the head office in Hertforshire. My client is very much looking for someone that has a creative outlook and can bring fun fresh ideas to the company while keeping the luxury feel.
The primary function of this role is to lead the creation of technical specifications and assist in the creation of BOMs and design presentations.
- Working with the Head of Design and wider product team on a daily basis, clearly communicating design specifications verbally and in the form of detailed spec packs
- Assisting Head of Design with ongoing project management and product documentation.
- Amending design specs and artworks in an ad-hoc way.
- Responsible for creating and upkeeping specifications on core and new products using Adobe Illustrator
- Daily support to the design and development team on all projects including collaborations, special projects often in an ‘ad hoc’ way
- Responsible for creating and upkeeping Bill of Materials(BOMs)
- To be constantly aware of design costs when designing, to achieve target prices and to understand British manufacturing costs
- Working with our stores globally to create custom cases and design specs for customers.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally with 2+ years experience in a product design or manufacturing environment
- Efficient working towards a design brief
- Detailed Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft packages inc. Excel.
A methodical mind and ability to meet deadlines is a must
- A strong desire to work and evolve in the luxury market
- A strong interest and thirst
- Highly interested and appreciative of British manufacturing
- Quick thinking with the ability to thrive in a hands-on environment
- A methodical mind and ability to meet deadlines is a must
- Strong ability to deal with people at all levels and build effective internal and external working relationships
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with excellent communication skills
- Most importantly, a passion for product with a particular interest in the luxury brand
If this sounds like you then please do apply.