Maintenance Engineer required for a successful, international company in Harlow. This is truly a great company to work for and despite their success and growth, maintain the feeling of a family-run business.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the performance of the machines used in day to day manufacture. This role is to work in support of the maintenance department KPIs and work with the Operations staff to ensure that machine uptime is maximized and that unscheduled plant stoppages are kept to a minimum.
- Completing day to day maintenance tasks and ensuring adherence to service level agreements
- Working in accord with maintenance KPIs suggesting and implementing improvements as required, e.g. costs, spares, plant availability
- Playing a significant part in future developments and manufacturing efficiency, learning and utilising new technologies as appropriate
- Assisting in the identification of critical equipment and the setting up of a robust TPM program with a suitable balance of PPM activities to ensure maximised up-time of plant equipment
- Co-operating with other departments for the overall benefit of the company
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is maintained in accordance with current health, safety, environment, and equipment regulations and standards
- Servicing and proactively maintaining the electrical instrumentation and control systems including, as required, revising and changing control system programming
- Assisting Manager in setting the maintenance strategy for the site
- Working alongside the Production staff to monitor and control plant OEE KPIs
- Working alongside the CI Engineer to provide support for projects
- Supporting in the compilation of dynamic risk assessments for all key maintenance procedures
- Supporting in the compilation of maintenance work instructions
- Working alongside Engineering Administrator to ensure PPM schedule is adhered to and recorded correctly; also, to assist with the stores and spare parts management.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain a minimum uptime level across the plant of 85%
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of HND in engineering discipline (Electronic/ electrical/ Mechanical)
- A fully time served apprenticeship followed by minimum of 5 years as a working multi skilled technician in a relevant industrial sector
- Full working knowledge of robotics (preferably Kawasaki)
- Successful track record of accurately diagnosing and fixing electric/electronic/ pneumatic/hydraulic and general mechanical faults in industrial packaging and process equipment.
- Full working knowledge and problem solving capability on machines using a range of PLC’s (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi)
- Working knowledge of electro- mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience of inputting data to and interrogating maintenance and plc software
- Trained to current edition of the electrical standards and regulations.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal).
In return, my client will be offering a salary of £35,000 + 18% shift premium based on a shift pattern as follows:
Normal shift patterns will be from Monday 6am – Friday 8pm (required to be flexible including being on call and work additional hours). When not covering absence, normal shift is:
Monday to Thursday from 08:00 to 16:00 and Friday 08:00 to 15:00;
When covering an absence, shift of work will be either:
Monday to Thursday from 06:00 to 14:00 and Friday 06:00 to 13:00; or
Monday to Thursday from 14:00 to 22:00 and Friday 13:00 to 20:00; or
Sunday 23:00 to 06:00 and Monday to Thursday 22:00 to 06:00
On call details are:
Standby payment: £1.50 per hour not working contracted hours
Frequency: One week out of four on a rota basis plus covering absences.
On call hours: From 07:00 Friday to 06:59 Friday.
For more information apply today!