An excellent career opportunity for a Trainee Surveyor to join a small, privately owned local company with good progression and development opportunities in Bishop’s Stortford.
Suitable for somebody with a keen interest in buildings, surveying, Q/S, architecture or construction (either work experience or studies), you will initially be shadowing an expert in the field with over 30 years’ experience in the industry (so you’ll be learning from one of the best!).
The role will be split approximately 50:50 between the office and on-site, although this can differ week to week as surveys are conducted throughout the UK. Duties will include:
- Conducting site surveys
- Recording level of fit-out, type of construction etc.
- Taking photographs & using drawings
- Taking measurements
- Writing reports
- Compiling data onto spreadsheets
- Analysing data & costings
- Use of CAD (will be taught)
The role will require you to travel (which can sometimes be early or late) due to their UK-wide coverage, likely spending 1-2 nights away at a time (but not every week, dependent of where the surveys are).
The successful candidate will need to be:
- Experienced in a similar industry (through work or education) – construction, architecture, surveying etc.
- Confident in meeting new people and the ability to build rapport
- A good work ethic and the drive to build a career and learn new things
- Excellent timekeeping
- Able to pick up new things and learn from others
As well as the opportunity to learn and start a successful career, my client will be offering a starting salary of £22,000 – £24,000 as well as the use of a car and/or fuel allowance (TBC), based on a 37 hour week (with any extra paid as overtime or lieu), and 25 days holiday.
For more information please apply!